Yoga is an excellent workout for supporting weight loss by building muscle in the different asanas you perform. Yoga is a simple form of breathing exercise that tones every part of the body and makes it more fit. It comprise mainly of three parts breathing technique, postures and cleansing.
The following yoga exercises for weight loss will do just that while firming up your arms, legs, butt, and abs. Start now to see weight loss results in as little as 3 weeks.
Weight Reduction with Yoga Exercises
- Mountain Pose or Tadasana: Considered one of the easiest yoga exercises for weight loss this pose improves your posture and balance. It also helps to slowly warmup the body.
- Bikram yoga is a type of yoga that most athletes and celebrities like as it aids in losing weight by burning lots of calories if one continues to do it at least ten times a month, on a regular basis. Bikram yoga is a blend of yoga exercises with a cardiovascular, aerobic and fat-burning workout.
- Firms sides of abs: Stand with feet together, arms at sides. Place sole of left foot on inside of right thigh, knee bent to side. Touch palms in front of chest for 2 breaths. On third inhale, extend arms up, fingertips toward ceiling. Exhale, and on the inhale, bend torso to left. Inhale and straighten. Repeat 3 to 5 times, pressing foot into thigh; switch sides.
- Take deep breath and hold. Bend the knees. Bring left feet close to the buttock and right leg fully extended at an angle of 30 degree. Now bring right feet close to the buttock and left right leg fully extended at an angle of 30 degree in a circular manner. You will move both your legs as if you are doing cycling.
- Pranayama is a breathing technique that has been effective for weight loss. This asana helps stimulate the abdominal muscles in your body and thus burns fat. Just performing this simple asana for five minutes every morning on an empty stomach will work wonders for you and helps in weight loss.
- Ashtanga Yoga is another yoga practice which not only helps in losing weight but also makes yoga easier. It synchronizes postures with breathing techniques.
You have to remember that difference between normal workouts and yoga exercise for weight loss is that yoga exercises are carried out slowly, taking adequate rest whenever required. Yoga asanas are the best way to lose weight.