Whiteheads are small, white spots on the face. It is another classification of acne. Whiteheads are generally among the most widespread skin anomalies that cause problems for males as well as women of all ages. So you want to know how to get rid of whiteheads? Get rid of whiteheads by learning how to care for your skin and what products are effective in removing them.
How Do You Get Rid of Whiteheads Quickly
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Look for a cleanser that has alpha hydroxy acids or salicylic acid to unclog pores.
- Exfoliate. Dead skin cells contribute to the clogging of your pores. Exfoliating once a week helps remove dead skin cells from your face. It is recommended to steam your face first before exfoliating to open up your pores.
- Steam-wash your face. Just boil water in a small pot, put it in a bowl, cover your face with a towel, and lean over to the bowl to let the steam come up your face. Steaming your face for at least 10 minutes will open your clogged pores even wider.
- Use a facial scrub according to your skin type because Exfoliation is a must if you have whitehead problems. Fruit scrubs will smooth the skin by removing the dead skin cells. Scrub your face regularly every week to get a good result.
- Spot-treat the whiteheads with tea tree oil. Dip the end of a cotton swab into tea tree oil, then again into water. Dab the diluted tea tree oil onto each individual whitehead, allowing the oil to soak in. Do twice a day.
- Remove makeup every night with a makeup remover or facial soap. Makeup can clog pores and lead to whiteheads and other blemishes.
- Drink plenty of water. If you keep yourself well-hydrated, you make yourself less susceptible to pimples and other types of acne. Water helps you flush out toxins in your system, effectively detoxifying your skin.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Try to add green ones that are rich with vitamin A and E to your diet chart to have a clean, glowing and problem free skin.