Weight loss isn’t always easy, but keeping those pounds off can be just as challenging. Losing weight and eating better may often seem like a lot of work, but these easy steps will help keep you on course. After you have dieted and worked hard to lose weight, the next major challenge is keeping the weight off and managing your current figure. Here are some of the best success stories had a previous history of losing weight and putting it back on.
The Helpful Ways To Maintain Your Weight Loss
Here are 8 tips on how to maintain your weight loss and preserve the sexy!
- A low-calorie, low-fat diet with less than 30 percent of the calories from fat; use low-fat versions of dairy, dressings and sauces and artificial sweeteners such as diet soda instead of regular.
- Just as you should be exercising at home; you need to be exercising while you are on the road. You may think your to busy, but a half hour intense workout will be enough to help you keep those weight loss goals in sight.
- An extra 20 minutes of physical activity a day, or an additional 2,000 steps to help in maintaing weight loss.
- Drink water first whenever you think you are hungry. Often times, hunger is mistaken for dehydration.
- The 24/7 media cycle has embedded itself in many of our lives. Prevent living a sedentary lifestyle, which can lead to further weight gain, by limiting your exposure to television to less than 10 hours a week.
- Apples contain 15 percent of the recommended daily allowance for vitamin C. In addition to contributing to overall health, fruits rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant, have recently been linked to a decreased risk of coronary heart disease and cancer.
- Exercise provides you with a healthy outlet for stress. These effects help you follow through on your commitments, especially to control your weight. And as an outlet for stress, exercise shortcuts mood eating.
- Avoid emotional eating and gorging; fast food meals limited to less than one weekly (compared with 2 to 3 for average Americans).