Frizzy hair doesn’t discriminate. It plagues both the thin and thick haired alike. If your hair has even the slightest wave or curl, it’s susceptible to frizz. Countless products are available for controlling frizzy hair, from shampoos and conditioners, to creams and gels, to leave-in treatments. There are several things you can do from the comfort of your home to stop frizzy hair. Here are a few of the more popular hair loss naturally tips.
The Effective Ways To Control Frizzy Hair Naturally
- Eating a well-balanced diet provides your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins to function optimally, even maintaining healthy hair. Without the proper nourishment, your hair becomes dry, brittle and ultimately frizzy.
- Washing your hair every day may seem like the healthy thing to do, it can actually be doing more harm than good. Daily washing can strip oils from hair leaving it dry and brittle. If possible get into the habit of washing your hair every other day.
- Mix 2 egg yolks with 100 ml warm water (not hot, as this sets the eggs). Stir in a few teaspoons of clear honey (an excellent moisturizer), 3 drops sandalwood and 2 drops rosemary oil. Bend over the sink and apply the mixture to your hair, working it through to the ends.
- Applying an oil treatment is an effective way to tame frizzy hair. At least twice a week, spread a very small amount of coconut, almond or olive oil evenly throughout your hair. Every two weeks, before shampooing, apply a small amount of castor oil to your hair and cover your head with a warm.
- Olive oil is known for its various health benefits. Simply warm the olive oil in the microwave, and then massage it throughout your hair. Use a shower cap to hold in the oil and the heat. After about half an hour, you can remove the cap and rinse the olive oil from your hair. Doing this once weekly can stop frizzy hair in its tracks.
- To help control frizz, reduce your coffee or alcohol consumption, says “Curly Hair Magazine.” These substances are diuretics, which cause your body to lose fluid and lessen the amount of moisture available for the hair.
- Coconut milk is a nourishing conditioner that softens frizzy hair. It can be used alone or mixed with oil, a raw egg or avocado for extra conditioning. Apply the mixture to your hair, and cover your hair with a plastic cap. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then shampoo out.