Flax seeds and flaxseed oil is certainly one of those foods that got a lot of nutritionists attention these past years. Flaxseed oil for weight loss is a convenient and pleasant way to help you lose weight, it is a powerful antioxidant which can boost your metabolism. Whole or ground flaxseed provides you with dietary fiber that makes you feel fuller and omega-3 fatty acids that can possibly curb cravings for sweets.
The Benefits and Uses of Flaxseed Oil for Weight Loss
- Taking flaxseed oil regularly is believed to improve metabolism and increase thermogenesis (fat-burning). Thermogenesis is a very beneficial process for weight loss wherein specialized brown fat cells increase their fat-burning capabilities.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp. of flaxseed oil to a large glass of water and mix well. If you do not care for the nutty flavor of the oil, use low-calorie juice instead of water. Drink one glass of the mixture every day to benefit from the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
- This is one of the most common ways that stubborn fat is created which is very hard to get rid of, the more age this type of fat has it becomes very difficult to use for energy.
- Another massive benefit that you get from flax seeds is fiber which ensures that our digestion system operates at maximum. We want our body to function healthy to give us optimal performance in our workouts.
- Using flaxseed oil for weight loss is an entirely different approach, you can add it to many foods such as cottage cheese, fruit, salad dressings, breakfast cereals, or even in a glass of water. Its taste is nutty and not unpleasant.
- The fatty acids in flaxseed are essential nutrients meaning your body is actually unable to convert other sources of foods into the essential fatty acids naturally found in flaxseed oil. Your body actually seeks out these essential nutrients in the foods you eat.
- Drizzle a flaxseed oil dressing over your green salad. Use equal parts of olive and flaxseed oils, and add some lemon juice. The omega-3 in the dressing is a “good” fat and may reduce your body’s craving for sweets and fatty foods.
Flax seeds and flaxseed oil is one of those foods that is rising in popularity and the public is currently in the process of getting to know all the benefits. All these little things add up, become habits and in the end make your weight loss goal must easier to attain and maintain.