With the sun peaking out behind the clouds a little more these days, you may be gearing up for the warmer days ahead. As a new season is approaching, many of us start making various changes in our routines. Preparing our skin for the new season is essential in order to be able to look our best at any given moment. With the onset of spring, you will find yourself facing a lot of skin problems.
As seasonal changes start to emerge, our skin is faced with various different challenges. Significant temperature variations can often take a toll on our skin unless we learn to adapt to them. Here is how you can make sure you put your best face forward as the world outside begins transforming from gray to green.
The Useful Spring Skin Care Tips
- Most skin care products don’t last very long even though they’re kept tightly closed in their jars. So women need to replace their old bottles of skin care lotions and other products as spring comes along with brand new ones.
- Loofa: While exfoliation might be great for getting rid of the dry flaky skin from your arms and legs, you may need to go a step further when it comes to your feet. When the skin gets dry and dehydrated, the bottom of the soles can be the worst sufferers.
- Moisturizing is by far the most important aspect we should take care of. A rich moisturizer might have done a good job protecting your skin during the cold winter months, however, once the temperatures go up, it might feel a little greasy.
- Refreshing Foot Soak: Fill a large basin with warm water and add 2 drops of Peppermint oil and 2 drops of Juniper oil. Immerse feet and soak for 20 mins.
- Accept once and for all that there is no such thing as a healthy, protective tan. All tans are a sign of sun damage. Get that sun-kissed glow by starting 3-4 weeks before Spring with a daily moisturizer with a small amount of self tanner. The gradual approach tends to look more natural and have less risk of streaking and leaving you the same color as your morning’s glass of orange juice.
- You don’t need to spend a fortune on eye creams to revitalise tired, puffy eyes. A couple of slices of chilled cucumber placed over the eyelids for 5 minutes soothes and refreshes instantly.
- Speaking of orange juice- Vitamin C is a great ingredient to use on your skin in Spring and Summer. It has a natural photo-protective effect and does a lot of things well-it evens skin tone and can significantly improve fine lines and wrinkles. One good example- Kiehl’s Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate.
- Sunscreen remains an absolute must during the warmer months, so looking for a sunscreen with a SPF of at least 20 is recommendable. A moisturizer with SPF is also a good alternative for those who are looking for versatile products.
Make sure to include plenty of seasonal fruits and vegetables, drink a lot of water and exercise regularly to improve the way your skin looks from within. Hope you will have liked these useful tips to get glowing skin in spring season.