One of the best skin care tips for a new tattoo is to listen to what your tattoo artist says and disregard what anyone else tells you, even if they have tons of tattoos. Caring for your new artwork is important since you want to avoid any infections, scarring or blotchiness. So with that said, let’s go over some essential tips on skin care tips for a new tattoo and keep it looking healthy.
The Best Skin Care Tips for A New Tattoo
- Once you remove the bandage from your new tattoo, it needs to be washed. Again, do this according to your tattoo artist’s instructions. Generally, you’ll gently wash the area with warm water and soap.
- Wash Your Tattoo – Clean your tattoo two to three times a day when it’s new. Your artist might recommend an anti-bacterial soap, but a bath or baby soap will also suffice.
- When you dry your tattoo, blot it gently with a clean, dry towel. It’s going to be very tender and sensitive for the first few days so treat it with care so you can be as comfortable as possible.
- Avoid exposing your new tattoo to the sun or in chlorinated or salt water for at least a month after you get your tattoo to avoid bleaching it out. Once it’s totally healed, apply sunblock to protect it from the sun’s rays.
- It’s very important to keep your tattoo moist for the first few days after it’s done. This keeps it from scabbing while it heals, which can mess up the way it looks. You spent a lot of time and money on your ink so you definitely don’t want that to happen.
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen, and aim for SPF 50. That’s a step higher than the minimum recommendation of SPF 15. Protect your tat with a stronger product.
Following these best skin care tips for a new tattoo about keeping your tattoo clean, protected and moisturized are the best ways to preserve your body art. If you are know any tips about them please share with us via comments below.