Once again we find ourselves immersed with the festive season and for most women it’s the season to be bright and sparkly! Christmas and New Year are party season, but if like me you’ve sent Santa a rather large cheque this year, you may be feeling the pinch. So it is time to relax and enjoy yourself. Yes and so you should; however do not forget your skin which as you know covers all your body. Here are some budget tips to try and help get you through the party season looking your absolute best.
The Most Effective Skin Care Tips After Christmas
- Get a papaya, peel the skin leaving on a little flesh and rub over clean skin; it will feel tingly as it dissolves all the dead skin. Remove by rinsing with plenty of cool water after 5 minutes.
- Chew your food! When there’s tasty food in front of us it’s all too easy to gobble it down in a few mouthfuls, however chewing our food properly is fundamental to good digestion.
- Make-Up: Remember to cleanse your skin and remove your entire make up after returning from parties. Getting back home at 5am is no excuse not to remove your makeup. Using a face flannel (towel) quickly with warm water and your cleanser may be easier at this late hour when you are exhausted than say your cream cleanser and face scrub routine.
- Exfoliate: You want your skin to glow so slough off the dead cells with a good body scrub. You can make a quick DIY exfoliate with a handful of coconut oil and sugar. Rub it all over then shower off for silky smooth skin.
- Drink water: Not only is adequate hydration essential for an optimally functioning body, however it also plays an important role in flushing toxins from the body. If you’re drinking alcohol over the festive season, try to follow each glass with a glass of water.
- Glow: To make your face glow do your mini facial at home on the morning before you go out. If you are pressed for time do it the day before-Check out our very own guide to a home facial we posted some time back for mother’s day but will work for anyone else male or female.
- Slather on a rich moisturizer: Postshower, pat skin dry and apply an oil-based cream instead of a lighter lotion to better trap and lock moisture into skin to fight cold weather dryness. To boost absorption, warm your jar of cream in a sink of hot water while you shower.
- Rose with honey face pack: You can get both rose water as well as honey at home readily. You need to take a small container where one teaspoon of honey is poured. Mix it with a single spoon of rose water and mix. Now apply this face pack on your face. Along with being a wonderful treatment for dry skin, this is also really effective in cleaning your skin and bringing out natural glow to your face.
- Apply the juice of lemon on your face and neck to make it glow. The winter sun often darkens the facial skin but lemon helps in removing the dark shade. You can rub a slice of cucumber over the face after rinsing it with lukewarm water. This will help moisturize the skin.
- Take the orange peel powder 1 tbsp and 1 tbsp of honey and apply this paste on the dry skin. Leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with the cool water.