Did you know some of the best foods for flat abs can have you waking up feeling leaner and sculpted? All the cardio and ab work in the world won’t give you the flat belly you crave unless you also eat the right foods. So what are these foods that you should be eating? As a certified trainer and nutritionist, I have the list of the best foods for flat abs right here:
The Best and Right Foods for Flat Abs
- Nuts and Nut Butters: Research shows that dieters who ate foods containing monounsaturated fats (like nuts and nut butters) lost more belly fat than those who ate the same number of calories with less of the fats. No matter what your favorite nut or nut butter is, it’s a great flat-belly choice since they all contain these healthy fats!
- Almonds: These delicious and versatile nuts contain filling protein and fiber, not to mention vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. They’re also a good source of magnesium, a mineral your body must have in order to produce energy, build and maintain muscle tissue, and regulate blood sugar.
- Eggs are an excellent choice because of their amino acids which are the building blocks of your cells.Studies show that having eggs for breakfast can actually help you to eat less and more healthy for the day. So make sure you have some eggs today because this is one of the absolute best foods for flat abs!
- Vinegar: Vinegar is said to promote stable blood sugar levels which helps you avoid a dangerous sugar crash that results in carb overload.
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil): All fats are not created equal- EVOO proves it. EVOO helps slim your belly because it contains monounsaturated fat that burn calories and fat. Bonus: This magical oil also helps lower cholesterol levels.
- Grapefruit: Have you had your grapefruit today? Researchers found that people who ate just half a grapefruit three times a day lost weight without changing any other part of their diet. It’s possible that grapefruit’s acidity might slow digestion, which helps you feel full longer.
- Soybeans are a great source of antioxidants, fiber, and protein. Plus, they’re incredibly versatile. Snack on dry-roasted soybeans, toss shelled edamame into soups, and slip a spoonful of silken tofu into your morning smoothie.
- Mushrooms are the only natural plant source of Vitamin D. Insufficient levels of Vitamin D have been linked to higher levels of belly fat. Look for mushrooms that are labeled as being exposed to ultraviolet light, as those will have even higher levels of vitamin D. Mushrooms add a great meaty texture to everything from a salad to a pasta dish!
- High in antioxidants and low in sugar, berries are great fruits. You should include a cup of berries in your diet each day because this can help stabilize your blood sugar and speed up the digestive process, which can alleviate bloating. This can help you achieve your lean abs!
- Spinach: This low-calorie (only 40 calories per cup!) highly versatile food is a flat belly must-have because it helps you feel full. Spinach is also a good source of calcium which helps your muscles contract.
- Tomatoes: Low in calories, high in flavor and water content make the tomato a perfect belly minimizer. It’s also a natural diuretic so it helps belly boat vanish.
Little changes each day all add up to make a big difference, so make healthy choices today! Are you eating enough of the foods on this list?