Your hair is an important part of your appearance. Often, the things you do to your hair to help it look stylish and attractive will cause it to look dry and become damaged. Over processed hair is exactly like it sounds; hair that has been damaged by excessive heating (blow drying, straightening, curling) or by excessive coloring and bleaching.
If you highlight your hair, color it, straighten it, blow dry it, or curl it, you have probably suffered from this problem. It takes effort and time, but it is possible to do without spending lots of money. You’ll have to make the commitment, but you’ll easily be able to care for your processed hair yourself, which is great if you’re not really interested in making tons of trips to the salon.
The Best and Helpful Over Processed Hair Care Tips
- Apply a protein treatment to your hair. Section the hair and apply the treatment, ensuring that every strand is coated. Leave in for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse.
- Give your hair a deep conditioning treatment as often as possible. You don’t have to go to a salon, but just try this simple hot oil hair treatment.
- Moisture Shampoo/Conditioners are to help hydrate your actually hair strand and give back some of the life in your hair such as shine and manageability.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly with some warm coconut oil every night before you wash your hair. This will strengthen your brittle hair and over time you will see the shine return to it. There are also numerous other hair oils such as olive oil and almond oil that you may use for deep conditioning.
- Over-processed, dry, and damaged hair needs extra protein. During your weekly hair care routine, add a good protein treatment into the mix. When you apply it, you should get full coverage and leave it in for 15 minutes or more. If your hair is really weak, this can strengthen it.
- Sometimes you just have to seek out the professionals. Make sure you go get your split ends trimmed on a regular basis. You might have to do it more than once in a relatively short amount of time, but you’ll be glad to get rid of the damage.
- Keep your hair covered when out in the sun, or when traveling on a motorcycle or an open air car or bus. Exposure of the hair to heavy sunlight or strong breeze also weakens it, and the best treatment would be to keep it covered at all times when outside.
With these simple tips, you will be able to bring back the natural shine and texture of your hair. One good tip to use, are clip human hair extensions (check them at: http://www.humanhairextensionsonline.com.au/clip-in.php), to refrain your hair from these damages, you can incorporate hair extensions to attain the style you want, without damaging your precious crowning glory.
In fact, follow them all the time, and they work as preventatives as well as cures! What’s the worst damage you’ve ever done (or had done) to your hair?