Dark circles under the eyes tend to age your appearance more than wrinkles or grey hair. Stress, too much caffeine, or a lack of sleep not only leave you in a bad mood, but also with a set of dark circles and bags under your eyes. Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are hereditary, aging, dryness of skin, too much crying, working for long hours before the computer, mental or physical stress and more.
These circles or bags take away the freshness of the face and leave the person look pale and ill. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes with the help of some simple and easy home remedies. You may not feel quite as rested with these methods, but for the perpetually busy individual these methods can work wonders.
The Best Natural Ways To Treat Dark Under Eye Circles
- Adding collard greens to you diet is one of the ways to reduce under eye circles. They are huge leafy greens that can help decrease your dark circles when you add them to your diet.
- Make sure you’re getting that multivitiman. B-vitamins, iron, and Vitamin E are essential for healthy skin. Your dark circles will disappear after just a few days with a vitamin E boost.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water. A whole host of cosmetic problems can be attributed to vitamin deficiencies. Dark circles and puffiness are often attributed to lack of vitamin K or inadequate antioxidants.
- Tomato has also got certain properties that can lighten skin color to a great extent. Take a teaspoon of tomato juice and mix it with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the dark circles in a very gentle manner and allow it to sit for ten minutes. Finally rinse it off gently with clean water. Follow this remedy twice a day to reduce the dark circles.
- Daily exercise can keep good circulation of blood throughout the body and the face region, reducing circles. Concentrate on Yoga too, which stimulates your breathing, leaving fresh skin.
- Whole milk is most commonly used, but soy milk works too. Dip a cotton ball into cold milk and squeeze off the excess. Place on eyes to help shrink the under-eye tissue.
- Applying mint leaves to the eye area causes a tingling sensation. Simply crush up a few mint leaves and apply to your eyes for about 5 minutes. Then wash away with cool water. For more of a paste, you can mix crushed mint leaves with honey or olive oil before applying to the eye area.
- Bananas can also help reduce your dark circles through the skin brightening vitamin C they contain. To really help diminish your dark circles, have a collard green and banana smoothie.
- Sliced cucumber on your eyes isn’t an old wives tale, and is still used at many high-end spas and luxury facial treatments today. Just a couple of ice cold slices on your eyes will help reduce puffiness and tighten and tone the undereye area.
- To get quick rid of dark circles you can take advantage of the incredible skin care properties present in rose water. Rose water will have a soothing effect on the eyes and it will also rejuvenate the skin around the eyes.
What’s your favorite remedy for treating pesky puffy eyes? If you have any other natural remedies, let us know!