Winter is approaching and the cold weather is practically already here, causing natural hair to become dryer than usual. Having a regimen that effectively assists in hair growth, length retention and moisture is imperative to the overall health of your hair. But when seasons change, you will find that your hair changes with it. Here are a few hair care tips for winter ready natural hair to keep your coils happy this season.
The Best Winter Hair Care Tips With Natural Ways
- Depending on your hair type, you might typically use light oils in your hair. Now that it’s cooler, you might want to consider using a heavy shea butter or a thick oil like Jamaican castor oil to seal moisture in your hair that can be lost in the cold air.
- Rinse With Cool Water: When rinsing, use cooler water temperatures, as this will help shut raised cuticles and seal in moisture as well.
- Give your leave-in conditioner an extra boost of long-lasting moisture by sealing with jojoba oil, coconut oil or olive oil. This is as simple and following the LOC method in the winter. The LOC method stands for leave-in conditioner, oil and cream.
- Wrap up: Head wraps are not only a flattering accessory, they are also a great way to keep your hair and scalp protected from the cold. Buy some gorgeous print scarves and wrap up your curls.
- Sugar water: If your hair is frizzy, try mixing a packet of sugar (about a teaspoon or so) with a cup of water. Pour a bit into your palms then run hands over dry hair. Your hair will get a slight bit of “crunch” and hold because you basically just made homemade hair spray!
- During the winter we wear materials our hair hates. From sweaters to scarfs, if your hair is out it will rub against the materials causing it to come out over time. Try wearing hair up in a bun or in other protective styles like twist or braids.
- Strawberry Winter Pack: To make this natural recipe, you require: 1 cup crushed strawberries, half cup crushed rosemary, and one tablespoon vinegar. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply it to your hair. Cover your hair with a plastic wrap. Either blow dry your hair, or sit in the sun, allowing the pack to dry. After about 20 minutes, wash your hair. You can use this pack on colored hair or stain light hair.
- Banana and Olive Oil: Not only can bananas work their magic on your feet, but they are awesome for your hair! Mix a banana with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mash thoroughly until the banana is pureed. Then massage into your hair and scalp. Leave treatment on for 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
Hope you will like and used these tips. Have you tried any of these hair treatment? What’s your favorite homemade hair remedy? So, please share with us via comments below.