Acne is a tremendously embarrassing and burdensome problem. It is easy to feel that you don’t have control over your breakouts. You might be surprised to find that you already have several acne treatments right in your own home – and in your kitchen of all places.
Do you suffer from acne, wish you didn’t have any, but don’t want to waste money on expensive products that don’t even work? Here are some easy things you can start doing today to help you heal your acne. You should notice a difference in about 4 weeks.
The Best Natural Acne Skin Care Tips
- Honey is naturally antibacterial, which is why it’s used in many scrubs and facials. If you have a pimple that you need to be rid of by tomorrow, just put a dab of honey on it, then a band aid to keep it in place overnight.
- Grab a few fresh grapes from your fridge, and you’ve got an easy facial cleanser. Cut two or three grapes in half and rub the flesh over your face and neck, says Dr. Cook-Bolden. Follow with a cool water rinse.
- Use baking soda. Mix equal parts baking soda and water to form a paste. Apply the paste onto acne individually, not over the entire face. Dip a Q-Tip into the baking soda mixture and apply that way.
- Wash your pillow case every other day – Your face lays on your pillow case every day. Your pillow case absorbs the oils from your skin and reapplies the dirt and oil. Thus causing breakouts. Keep your sheets and pillow cases clean.
- Apply lavender or tea tree oil directly to individual blemishes with a cotton swab, being careful not to touch surrounding skin.
- Egg White to Remove Oil Crack 1-2 eggs in a bowl separating out the yolk from the egg white. Then, beat the eggs whites gently until consistant. Next, simple spread it over your face and let sit for 15-20 minutes. The eggs white remove excess oil from your skin.
- Oatmeal is naturally soothing, and this simple oatmeal mask can also help clear acne. Mix together 2 teaspoons of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and enough water to form a paste. Smooth the paste all over your face and gently rub it in. Rinse thoroughly afterward.
- Try using lemon juice as an acne remedy. Cut a lemon in half and gently rub the open-side of the lemon onto the acne. The stinging feeling means it’s working. Lemons contain citric acid, which attacks the bacteria that cause acne.
- Eat foods rich in zinc – Zinc is an antibacterial agent and a necessary element in the oil-producing glands of the skin. A diet low in zinc can actually cause acne breakouts.
- Apple cider vinegar or rubbing alcohol as toner both of these are highly acidic, meaning they can kill dead skin cells and clean out pores very well, but you should be careful with them as well. They work just as well as any store-bought toner and are much cheaper.
Hopefully these tips can save you a few dollars in this economy and you can do things a little more easily and naturally. Try one or more of the acne remedies to treat pimple-prone skin and see how your skin responds.