Monsoon season otherwise known as rainy season can be very harsh on your make-up vanity. Heavy makeup has a risk of being smudged and washed out severely and so light makeup is more advisable. Do you always fear of going out during monsoon as it will ruin your makeup? Here are some tips that will not keep you dry will certainly make you look pretty despite the downpour spoiling your morning’s hard work.
The Best Makeup Tips for The Monsoon Season
- Its very humid during monsoon. Hence to make sure excess sweating doesn’t ruin your makeup scrub your face with cold water and then rub ice all over your face for 5-7 minutes.
- Don’t forget to use astringent for oily skin and toner for dry skin after using the ice. This will keep your pores closed and keep your skin fresh.
- For monsoon season, it would be better to go with powder base waterproof foundation. But be sure that the foundation matches your original skin tone.
- Try to apply waterproof mascaras, shadows and liners for rainy season. A single coat of waterproof mascara and liners is enough to enhance your natural look.
- Blush: Add a touch of color to your cheeks but don’t use loud colors. Select a soft color which will complement the face and season. One of the best alternative is to use a lipstick as a blush and spread it over your cheekbones. Check that the blush you use is water resistant.
- For eye shadows go with light colors like peach, pink, aqua blue, beige and corals. Avoid using shimmer eye shadows in rainy season.
- Be sure that your eye brows are in proper shape and threaded properly. Use water proof eye pencil to give an appropriate shape to your eye brows.
- Use a lip pencil to outline your lips. Use a lip balm to give a nude look. If you still want to add color then go for a matt based lipstick in browns, beige, nude or light colors. Peaches, corals, nudes are in this season.
This is outstanding, if you’re trying to attain the cat eye makeup. So go ahead a make people turn heads with your new look this monsoon!