Acne is a disorder of the skin caused by inflammation of the skin glands and hair follicles. Since it forms under the skin, washing away surface oils does not do much to prevent or cure it. However, acne is not only a physical condition, but an emotional one as well, and acne sufferers may be prone to depression, poor self esteem, and a general lack of self-confidence.
Don’t stock up on chin and mouth acne concealers, however, because simple changes in your personal health habits often can help you get rid of mouth and chin acne for good. Natural remedies can be just as effective as prescribed topical products. However, acne can be treated with some home ingredients. Here are some best and simple natural remedies for the treatment of acne around the chin and mouth.
How To Get Rid of Acne Around Mouth and Chin
- Tomatoes are known for its antioxidant properties and are rich in Vitamin C, A and K. All these properties help in drying out the acne. For healing acne, take one tomato and slice it. Put one slice directly on the troubled area. You can also make a paste by grinding a tomato. You are required to apply the paste as a facial mask. For better results, repeat the process as many times as possible.
- Honey Facial: Apply uncooked honey to face and pat until sticky. Leave on for five minutes, and rinse thoroughly. Honey enzymes rejuvenate the skin and act as an antimicrobial.
- Tea Tree Oil: With its natural inflammation-fighting properties, a 5 percent solution of tea tree oil is less harsh than a 5 percent benzoyl peroxide solution and can be just as effective against acne, though it may clear up a little less quickly. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with between 20 and 40 drops of witch hazel, then use a cotton swab to apply. Try this remedy up to twice a day; more could dry your skin and make the acne worse.
- Eat more carrots: Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of the skin and actually prevents acne. It helps reduce sebum production, too.
- Wrap an ice cube in a piece of plastic wrap and hold it up to the area at last twice a day every hour if you can, but for no longer than five minutes each time. The cold will reduce the redness and ease the inflammation.
- Lip balm is addictive. The reason lip balm is addictive is that it tastes good, and it both moistens your lips and dries them out at the same time.
- Lemon is a wonder solution for the treatment of acne. Alternatively, take a slice of lemon and rub it gently on the face. Leave it for a few minutes and then, rinse it off. You can also use lemon juice with groundnut oil. Add a few drops of lemon juice in someone tablespoons of groundnut oil. Apply it on the blackheads.
- Yogurt is helpful in healing acne, naturally. Apply some yogurt on the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which acts as an exfoliate and rejuvenates skin in a natural manner. This remedy will reduce the irritating acne breakouts.
- Chilli Peppers: It might sound very bizarre, but it’s true that chilli peppers helps in reducing the acne swelling. Crush some chillies into powder and add water in it. With a cotton swab, apply chilli water on acne.
There are no special skin care products for moth and chin acne. You may just need more of the same product you would use on the rest of your face for treatment of acne on your chin and mouth. Did we forget a natural breakout remedy that worked for you? Tell us in the Comments, below!