For all of you fashionistas out there who love to sport the wet hair look, there’s some bad news. Although it may look and feel great, wet hair can lead to major hair woes. Monsoon humidity leaves hair worn out, lifeless and brittle; as a result, you lose clumps of hair during this season. Do you know why as rain water is infused with certain acids, chemicals, impurities etc which is why Monsoon hair care becomes extremely important or both girls and boys.
Thus, the acid rain is formed and can even damage your hair once it falls over it. There will be hair falls and other adverse effect of acid rain. We find that in the monsoon season, our hair has to deal with specific problems. Here are some simple solutions to combat the damage done during the rainy weather. We give you 7 effective tips that will help you prevent monsoon hair fall like a pro!
The Best Hair Care Tips for Monsoon
- There are lots of oils in the market that can help with your hair this monsoon. But one must remember if your hair is very weak and you do a rigorous oil massage you are damaging your hair more. Also, what happens with oil is when you oil your hair very often you tend to over shampoo to remove the oil. This does a lot of damaged to your hair. Hence put very little oil, massage it in with the tips of your fingers and use a gentle shampoo.
- Drinking at least 8-12 glasses of water daily is another tip to prevent hair loss in monsoon. Water helps wash off the toxins from our body. These toxins along with fungal infections can aggravate hair loss problem. Drink distilled water or filtered water which is devoid of chlorine, lead etc for healthy hair.
- Use a mild shampoo: Apart from dandruff and hair fall you might as well have an oily scalp. So you must wash your hair regularly with a mild shampoo. Another reason to shampoo oily hair daily is because your hair may become limp during monsoons and only shampooing can restore volume to your hair. Shampoo daily if your hair is exposed to rain water every day.
- Diet plays a crucial role in hair care and strengthens the hair follicles. To show off a healthy mane, include things like salmon, eggs, nuts, kidney beans and low fat dairy products which are high in iron and protein. Spinach, carrots and dark green veggies are excellent for hair. Curd is high in vitamin D and prevents hair loss.
- Hot Oil Massaging: The dusty dry winds can tangle the hair, make them dry and damaged the cuticle of your hair. Hot oil massaging can be extremely beneficial to give the hair its lost moisture. Mix 2-3 types of oils like almond oil, olive oil coconut oil etc and use these beneficial oils to massage your scalp and hair. Keeping the oils overnight is good. You can shampoo the next morning.
- Don’t tie wet hair: Wet hair is really very sensitive and can give rise to breakage. When you have come out from shower, along with your full body, your hair will also be wet. You need to dry your hair immediately but standing under a wall fan or ceiling fan to make it dry. It is advisable to cover your wet hair with towel at first and then slowly rub it with towel. There after stand under a fan or sunlight to make it dry completely. Also remember not to use comb over your wet hair as this can give rise to breakage. When your hair is wet, the root of hair becomes very soft which is prone to breakage.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is considered to be a miracle plant when it comes to all-natural hair care remedies. It can be used to treat dandruff, split ends and hair fall problems in any season. Massaging Aloe Vera gel into the scalp restores pH balance, reduces hair bacteria, relieves scalp itching, promotes hair growth and eliminates dandruff among many other notable benefits.
- Wash your hair two to three times a week. It makes the hair scalp clean and conditioning further prevents fungal infection. Use an anti-frizz conditioner to de-tangle hair. You can use a comb to spread the conditioner and rinse it with cold water. This helps in providing a shine to your cuticles. Tying wet hair is a big no!
- Apply tea tree oil or neem oil on the scalp to clear off the fungal infection. Tea tree oil and neem oil are both anti-fungal in nature thus will control the dandruff which is a fungal scalp infection.
- Egg and almond oil hair pack: Mix one egg and 2 teaspoonful of almond oil in it. Use this on the hair and scalp. Leave for 40 minutes then was the hair. The egg smell will go away. Egg will keep the hair conditioned and shinier. Almond oil will help retain the moisture in your hair.
If hair and scalp problems persist despite you following these tips, then it is better that you visit a trichologist. Regular hair care routine will make sure you don’t get tangled in hair troubles.