Changes in weather can wreak havoc upon the skin, and the arrival of a new season is the perfect time to reassess your beauty regime accordingly. I know you’ll want to look amazingly fresh with clear and radiant skin and these spring break skin care tips will help you achieve that and more! Let’s get started with how we can prep and prime our skin for your big trip!
The Most Effective Skin Care Tips in Spring
- Grab a Serum: If you haven’t given into the serum trend yet, now is the time! Layer it underneath moisturizer to keep skin extra-soft. Then once spring hits, you can get away with a serum-only moisturizing routine.
- Exercise daily, to elevate your heart rate and increase blood circulation to your skin. A good sweat helps to detoxify the skin; just be sure to cleanse as soon as possible afterwards to remove surface impurities.
- One of the most important tips I can give you in terms of spring break skin care is to get a quality, full-spectrum sunblock. Sunblock is a physical blocker while sunscreen uses chemicals that allow the skin to absorb the sun’s rays without burning. The chemicals in sunscreen are basically free radicals that can cause skin to lose its suppleness over time.
- Egg face mask: Eggs, the symbol of spring and new beginnings, have been used by women for centuries in order to cure dry skin. They are packed with protein and lecithin, which is a natural lubricant for the skin. Adding a bit of sour cream to the mix will help slough off any dead skin cells, too.
- Drink soybean milk, fat-free milk and other beverages with healthy proteins. Eat fresh vegetables, fruit, fish and lean meat. Abstain from too much wine, coffee and fried foods. Eat more sesame seeds, walnuts, honey, tremella and pears. Dried fruit has a great nourishing effect on your skin.
- Sloughing off dead skin cells is a must in any skin care routine regardless of the season. Exfoliation helps you get a closer shave, helps self-tanners go on more even and they’ll leave your face and body feeling soft and smooth in case you come in close contact with a cutie!
- Lettuce is abundant come spring and makes a perfect cleansing solution to soothe wind-burned or aggravated skin. It is packed with vitamins, sulfur, silicon and phosphorous – all which help to naturally restore your skin’s pH level and balance your complexion.
- Drink plenty of water. You should drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Supplement your skin with the benefits of drinking natural juices, mineral water and tea. You should use the humidity of the season to your advantage.
With these few tips your skin should be looking amazing come summer time. By starting out now and working towards getting the skin you want you will be sure to be sporting the best glow in town come summer dress and flip flops weather.