Acne is essentially a form of injury, so whether you like it or not, it will leave scars on your skin. Acne scars can be quite embarrassing for people who get affected. They can be quite a problem and can make people resort to expensive plastic surgery. Known as acne scars, these marks occur when the acne clogs the pores of the skin and inflamed it and fill it with pus.
What you may or may not know is that there are many at home remedies for treating acne scars available today. The most common ones are the acne scars that are of much concerned. Some scars can be healed but some become permanent and are difficult to cure. Looking for effective home remedies to treat acne scarring? Here are some things that you can concoct in the comfort of your own home to get rid of acne and acne scars:
How To Heal Acne Scars with Home Remedies
Theses tips will help you to get the most out of using home remedies for acne scars.
- Place a freshly mashed garlic in a piece of thin cotton cloth and rub it all over your affected areas. It is well known that garlic has antibiotic properties which help curing acne breakouts. This particular remedy is known as one of the most effective home remedies for acne.
- Baking soda is a great exfoliating agent. The baking soda is also used in cosmetic micro dermabrasion treatments. You can have a home treatment by mixing a teaspoon for baking soda with two spoons of filtered water. This mixture needs to be rubbed on the acne scar for sixty seconds and then washed off.
- Take Vitamin C-enriched pineapple for example. Simply puree ¼ cup of pineapple and smooth it on your face. After 10-15 minutes, rinse it with water. This process will give brightening effect on the face and will help abate acne marks.
- The sandalwood and rosewater paste can be used as a facial mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for more than an hour. Wear it overnight if you can. Wash off completely with water. This is an effective method of how to treat acne scar because of sandalwood’s soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
- Application of a pack made by boiling 50 gm of raspberry, strawberry or blackberry leaves with 1.5 litres of water for 3 minutes will give itching free and soothing skin. This is a very effective home remedies for acne.
- The most effective home remedy for scars is application of honey several times a day. It will give a natural glow to the skin and will remove all scars.
- Olive oil has natural healing properties within it and it will not clog your pores. This is an important feature because you don’t want to utilize a treatment plan that is going to create future breakouts.
- This may sound so simple, but rubbing ice cubes on your skin will tighten the pores, soothe your skin, and reduce the appearance of your scars. This method may not work with old acne scars. Use this method 3-4 times a day, and you will notice the difference in couple of weeks.
- Combine ½ tsp. lemon juice, ½ tsp. aloe vera gel, ¼ tsp. basil essential oil and 4 tsp. jojoba oil in a small, dark-colored glass bottle with a tight-fitting lid.
- A homemade remedy for acne scars that includes applying paste of cumin seed and rubbing it on your face. The seeds of dates are taken and mashed to form a paste. Add a few drops of vinegar and mix these three ingredients well.
There are a lot of home remedies for acne scars. However, these remedies are successful only when they are applied consistently. Try some natural acne cure home remedies for acne scars and watch you scars disappear.