Perhaps you’re growing out a bad cut, or maybe you want to donate your hair. All hair grows an average of ½ inch per month, but it’s how you treat your hair that determines how much you’ll retain. Every woman wants gorgeous long and healthy hair. It is a goal that many females set for themselves. So, here are some of the best tips you can use to grow your hair longer and stronger:
The Best Tips on How To Grow Long Hair
- Stay away from harsh shampoos. Shampoos with harsh ingredients can cause damage and strip you hair of natural oils.
- Rub and Scrub. You wouldn’t just stick your face under a spout to clean it, would you? Similarly, your scalp needs to be touched. “New hair has trouble sprouting through a layer of dirt, oil, and old skin cells,” says Kingsley, who suggests massaging your scalp vigorously with a scalp brush or the pads of your fingers for two minutes preshower.
- It is very important to style your hair in such a way that the ends are not exposed to open air. Try to go for French rolls, buns or other types of updos whenever you step out of the house.
- Use Moisturizing Products: Because black hair is often dry by nature, it’s best to use products that replace needed moisture. This includes using shampoos and conditioners formulated for dry and/or damaged hair.
- Eat lots of vegetables and protein. Getting the right nutrients can help hair grow longer and stronger.
- Conditioning of your hair is very crucial. Apply a moisturizing conditioner two times a week and a protein conditioner at least once a month. This would help keep your hair long and strong.
- Wear a satin or silk scarf to protect your hair at night. This protects your hair from getting tangled when you sleep.
- While going to sleep at night, tie a silk or sating scarf or sleep over a satin pillowcase. This would prevent the formation of tangles in your hair and also keep dryness at bay.
If you follow these tips and take the correct vitamins you will have long healthy hair in no time. You will see improvement and have gorgeous hair.