Bloating is a common, day-to-day battle that can leave you wondering what triggered your bulging belly. Bloating can occur when the body is retaining too much water or when there is a buildup of gas in the digestive system. Usually harmless, intestinal gas can be uncomfortable in more ways than one, and is a symptom rather than an illness itself. Because there are so many possible causes there are many ways to treat it, and you can usually find relief with simple natural remedies.
The Best Ways for Belly Bloating Naturally
- Drink Lemon Water: Putting a splash of lemon into your drinking water can help alleviate bloating and as a result, it will flatten out your stomach bloat. Lemon slices can also dress up your normal glass of water to give you some extra zest, because this is one of the best ways to get rid of stomach bloating!
- Feasting on fiber-rich foods can push stomach-clogging materials out of the body. Fiber moves food through the gastrointestinal tract quickly for better digestion.
- Drink some peppermint tea: Peppermint is great for soothing churning stomachs and easing gas pains. Its essential oil contains menthol, which has an antispasmodic effect of the smooth muscle of the digestive track. It also soothes nerves, and therefore can soothe stomachs that really feel the effect of nervousness and stress. Drink a cup after dinner to help keep things moving slowly.
- Although you should be able to get your daily value of magnesium through leafy vegetables, legumes, whole grains and fish, examine your diet. If you find magnesium lacking, a supplement can help you to expel excess gas and fluid more quickly.
- Pick Potassium-Rich Foods: This mineral helps regulate the fluid balance in your body, keeping bloat at bay. High-potassium foods include bananas, cantaloupe, mangoes, spinach, tomatoes, nuts, and asparagus – which contains an amino acid called asparagine that (bonus!) acts as a diuretic to flush excess liquid out of your system.
- Dandelion tea is a mild diuretic that will also help get rid of the water your body is holding onto. It stimulates bile to help break down fatty meals that also make you bloated. Try drinking one cup per day.
- Avoid Caffeine: Consuming caffeine causes stomach bloating by increasing dehydration. Caffeine can cause abdominal cramping. If you are drinking soda or any other carbonated drink, you are causing a belly bulge just by drinking up. Replace your soda with water to flatten your stomach and feel great!
- Get Moving: Fight constipation by walking for at least 15 to 20 minutes each day to keep food moving through your digestive tract, Raymond suggests. Working up a sweat also releases fluids.
- Eat pumpkin: Gas is usually caused by improper food digestion, which is why high fiber foods (like beans) often times create some issues with flatulence. Fiber is hard for us to digest, so it passes through our gut in bulk. Pumpkin is helpful because it can reduce the amount of gas created. Eat along with any meal to nip your problem in the bud.
I hope you will like these useful tips. Whatever you do, make sure you eat a healthy diet each day to regulate your digestive tract and feel great! Sending you healthy wishes for flat, firm abs!