Chicken pox is a very common disease that can leave unsightly scars behind on the skin. Chicken pox is a virus that nobody would like to experience. Apart from it being very itchy and irritating, it leaves scars that make our skin look unpleasant. The size and profundity of the chicken pox scars are vital variables when settling on what solutions for utilization to get them removed.
Once formed, chicken pox scars are quite difficult to remove and therefore one should always try not to scratch when the infection is in scabbing state. Prevention is always better than cure! But what if you can’t resist scratching all the time and thus get few scars on your skin! Read on and we will give you different suggestions on how to get rid of the bad memories that chicken pox left on your skin.
The Best Ways To Get Rid of Chicken Pox Scars
- Lemon is a natural skin brightener that can take down darkness or inflammation commonly associated with chicken pox scars. Simply juice a lemon and apply this juice directly to the affected area of the skin. You may need to dilute it if you have sensitive skin. Because lemon has bleaching effects, you will need to avoid sunlight while using this cure.
- Aloe Vera: Take a new Aloe Vera leaf and tear it open. Crush the leaf to gather the gel inside and place this new gel on your scars. Leave this item set up for a couple of minutes for best impacts.
- Honey is known for its natural antioxidants which support the skin’s ability to heal itself and produce more collagen for skin healing. It also has antiseptic properties which can be a big help in healing your chicken pox scars if they haven’t fully dried yet.
- Apply sandalwood oil and Vitamin-E onto your skin. If you scars are not as deep or old, you can rub some sandalwood oil Vitamin-E based products onto your scars. Do this consistently for a few months until the scars have healed.
- Apply coconut water directly on your scars. Start doing this just after the chicken pox infection has run its course. You may use a cotton ball to apply coconut water to your marks or just pour it over your skin where the scars appear. Repeat this several times a day.
- Take a small piece of papaya and make a paste by mashing it with honey. The papaya and honey combination provides a super dose of amino acids and enzymes that can help to rid your skin of unwanted scar tissue. Both of these ingredients are also good for naturally promoting healthy, bright skin.
- Try laser treatment. If the scars are old or very deep, creams and lotions will most likely not work. You might have to consider removing these types of scars with an intense laser treatment at your dermatologist’s office.
- Mix yogurt and oatmeal powder to get a paste like consistency. Add few drops of lemon juice to this. Apply this pack to your scar affected skin. Let it dry out before washing with cold water.
- Lavender essential oil not only has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. When you apply lavender essential oil, it improves the formation of scar tissues. While lavender essential is said to be safe when applied undiluted, it is always better to dilute it with some carrier oil before applying to skin, especially in case of children.
- Foods that have a great deal of vitamin K can help to protect and heal your skin, including reducing the appearance of chicken pox scars. Such foods include liver, green turnips, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, dairy products and lean meat.
Don’t take any drastic measures to remove your scars yourself. Always consult a skin-care expert first. Do you have a question about your scar? Leave us a comment and we’ll be happy to answer.