Many people suffer from acne vulgaris as teenagers and young adults, which is the most common form of acne, appearing on the forehead and cheeks. When it comes to the many types of acne, the kind that affects our jawline is usually the easiest to miss. Unfortunately, jawline acne is easily observed by other people. It is still acne, after all. Acne, especially when it appears on the face, can be frustrating and difficult to hide.
They appear mostly white in color as the sebum present below the skin gets trapped because of the closed pores. Making the problem harder to handle, the kind of acne you get on the jawline often is not the same kind of acne that you have on the rest of your face. So in this article we bring to you some easy natural remedies that you can do at home to remove the acne pustules in your jaw line area.
The Most Effective Natural Jawline Acne Care Tips
- Egg white: Egg white has the ability to draw the extra oil and impurities from the skin pores leaving it squeaky clean and soft. Beat the white of an egg and add half teaspoon coffee powder to it (if the smell bothers you). Apply the beaten egg white on the jaw line taking care to cover the acne properly. Leave for 20 minutes and wash off using warm water.
- Change Your Diet: No matter what kind of acne you’re up against, one of the best things you can do is change up your diet. Chances are it’s helping to play a role. Most of us also eat way too many refined sugars. They’re problematic for all kinds of reasons. Once again, your current acne problem might just be the excuse you need to finally drop those empty calories. If nothing else, you’ll fight off obesity and all kinds of other health afflictions.
- Wash the chin and jaw area twice a day with a mild facial cleanser to remove dirt and oil. Take your time and be sure to remove all makeup.
- Rub A Lemon: Lemon has good anti septic and anti bacterial properties. So if you notice white bumps below your lip, you can rub a lemon in that area twice a day. This will help in removing the oil trapped below your skin.
- Toothpaste: Bizarre as it may sound to some toothpaste is often the most used home remedy for treating acne of any kind. It can also be used for treating jaw line acne. The ingredients present in the toothpaste dry out the acne thereby helping them heal faster. Do spot applications of a colorless and flavorless toothpaste on the jaw line acne and leave it overnight.
- Cleanse the face and hair after exercising or being exposed to hot weather. Sweat can clog the pores and lead to further acne on the jawline and chin.
- Use Neem Paste: You can take a few fresh leaves of neem and make a paste using it. Rub this below your lip and let it dry. The anti bacterial properties of neem will help in eliminating the bacteria below your skin causing acne. You need to do this regularly for three days to get the best results.
- Ice: Ice has shown excellent results on jaw line acne because it helps bring down the redness and inflammation of the acne making them dry up quicker. Rub ice on your jaw line 3-4 times a day. You could also wrap four cubes of ice in a clean muslin towel and use it over the acne. Don’t forget to wash the muslin clothe after use. Ice will effectively bring down the inflammation making the acne appear less prominent.