Everyone loves a toned, flat stomach. Who wouldn’t want to look hot and sexy? Getting the perfect abs is not as difficult as most guys think. All a guy needs is a plan, discipline and determination. Generally, women must work much harder and longer to achieve the washboard abs we’ve have been dreaming of, but it’s not impossible!
Don’t stress – with a smart combination of diet and exercise, women can sculpt strong, beautiful ab and core muscles without starting to look like a bodybuilder. I recommend that you burn away the body fat first and then use certain ab exercises as finishing touches. In the next sections, I will talk about our favorite ways to burn fat and some of the most effective exercises to build abs.
The Best Ways To Get A Great Abs for Females
- Diet: When it comes to dietary changes, I love using intermittent fasting to lose body fat. Instead of limiting your daily calorie intake, focus on creating a weekly calorie deficit.
- Exercise: Weight training enables the body to have better abdominal muscles, which in turn helps to increase the body’s metabolism rate. This leads to faster burning of calories. The main agenda of weight training is to build muscles and burn fat.
- Cut down on calories: One sure-fire way to lose weight is simply to eat less. There is debate about how often and how much you should eat for optimal weight loss – the most important thing to remember for weight loss is simply to take in fewer calories from food than you use throughout the day.
- Skip the Soda: A bottle of soda, which is two servings (not one!), contains almost 250 calories. Those are empty calories, so skip the soda in favor of better hydration, like mixed fruit juice with no sugar added, or water with a squeeze of lemon.
- Drink plenty of water. The Mayo Clinic advised females to consume about 9 cups of water (2.2 liters) each day. That doesn’t mean you need to hit that target every day, but you should try to shoot for it.
- Eat plenty of protein to build those ab muscles. Avoid sugar all together and reduce your caloric intake.
- The Plank: One thing I love about planks is that it helps you ‘even out’ your abs. If your upper abs are better developed, it will help you even it out and develop your lower abs. The same applies vice versa.
- Cardio exercise is a great way to burn fat. Intense cardio workouts, like running, swimming, and cycling, burn lots of calories. If you’re looking to burn fat, consider devoting time each week to cardio exercise. It’s a great way to widen the gap between the number of calories you eat and the number of calories you use every day.
- Here’s another diet tip that will help you get great abs: forget fast food! It’s loaded with calories, many of them from fat. In fact, one value meal can contain all of the calories you’re supposed to eat in one day! Forget fast food. Prepare your own meals at home.
- Crunches are a great way to shape up your abs. Sit on your exercise ball resting your lower back on the ball and placing your feet on the floor and place hands behind your head. Do crunches up and back while keeping your lower back on the ball.