Skin is our largest organ and requires proper maintenance. There are many reasons why our skin loses its elasticity and requires maintenance and firming up. If you’ve lost a lot of weight, you might find you need to tighten and firm your skin. Aging may also contribute to the skin needing toning and firming. Many people, as they get older, try to find just the right balance between aging naturally and making the most of their looks.
I would love to firm up my skin, but refuse to undergo invasive surgery or weird treatments to get there. There are quite a few remedies that you can perform at home to regain your natural skin texture. It is much better for the skin to use natural, homemade products. This article will explore some of the effective natural homemade remedies which will work wonders to firm your skin.
The Best Ways To Firm Your Skin Naturally
- Tomato, lemon and sugar mask: The delicate skin on your face needs more protection from the elements than the rest of your skin. Tomato and lemon are strong antioxidants for the skin so a mask using these two ingredients will offer powerful protection. Take two tomatoes and blend together with a tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of sugar. Apply this mixture to your face with a cotton ball and leave it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Sea power: Soaking in a bath with sea salts a few days per week can do wonders for your entire body. Sea salts help relax your mind, firm and smooth out your skin, while at the same time taking care of any possible infection. Having a sea salt bath will also help relieve the tension and exhaustion of the day.
- Increase your water intake: Drinking a lot of water not only improves your overall health, it also will help your skin to become tighter, smoother, and look more radiant. Be sure to drink at least 6 glasses of water per day. If you can drink more than that, even better. Hydration is wonderful for your skin and certainly helps with the elasticity of such.
- Apply Fresh Cucumber Juice: This technique is especially effective for the skin on your face, but if you can get enough of it, you can also use it on your entire body. Start by grinding a peeled cucumber and squeezing the juice from it. Gently apply the juice to your skin and allow it to try before rinsing it off. The juice tightens skin, closes pores and gives you an all over firmer look with very little effort.
- Lemon: The vitamin C in lemon helps boost collagen production. This in turn helps restore elasticity to your skin. Plus, lemon has astringent properties that help tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
- Exercise: Exercise is important for firming up skin. It helps circulation and keeps skin firm and toned. You don’t need a fancy gym membership to exercise to firm and tighten your skin. For facial and neck muscles, Carole Maggio, author of “Facercise,” suggests a complete regimen of facial exercises to tone and tighten the skin of the face and neck. For other body-toning such as arms, legs and tummy, simple lunges, front squats, sit ups and gentle weights can help tone the skin and improve circulation.
- Egg white mask: Egg white coupled with thyme oil as a mask is one of the most effective remedies for skin sagging and wrinkles. Egg white stimulates the production of collagen and thyme oil helps to dehydrate your skin. This combo helps you to tighten your loose skin in the most effective way.
- Plain yogurt is a common ingredient of home beauty recipes because of its moisturizing properties. Together with the strawberries it will improve your circulation and tighten the skin. After this mask you will feel and look refreshed and years younger.
Hope you will like these useful tips. It is important to realize this and accept it wholeheartedly. Reward yourself for losing the weight and accept your skin’s condition in the process of tightening it.