When hair is damaged it becomes dull, brittle, frizzy and out of control. Causes of damaged hair include coloring and permanent chemicals, poor diet or heat from hair dryers. Here, we tell you the treatments you should be doing right now to have shiny, healthy hair for many years to come. But dry, damaged hair can be treated and repaired.
Try these simple tips to repair your hair:
How To Treat Damaged Hair At Home
- Wash it right: Make sure your weekly shampoo contains extra proteins and humectants to repair damaged hair. Also, use a leave-on conditioner every day before drying and styling your hair.
- Spray your hair with a thermal heat protector before using styling appliances such as blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers.
- Apply a homemade egg and olive oil conditioner once a week for a month to help repair hair. To make one application, whisk one egg yolk with two tbsp. of olive oil in a bowl. Apply to hair, especially on the ends. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse before shampooing.
- To prepare moisturizing mask you will need to mix carefully ½ cup of olive oil, 1 egg and 2 spoons of honey. Apply the derived mixture to your locks, cover them with plastic wrap and keep for 40-50 minutes. After rinse you hair with warm water.
- Avoid using heat on your hair. Use cool water when washing your hair and the cool setting on hair-care appliances.
- Avoid hair dryers and hot irons. Hair dryers and curling or straightening irons fry the hair, especially when set to high heat. Try rollers instead, or if you must, use a hair dryer on the coolest setting.
- Get regular hair trims once a month. These trims get rid of damaged hair and encourage faster hair growth.
- Apply a deep conditioning treatment weekly to ensure that your hair stays hydrated. This will also strengthen the roots.
You can repair hair and eliminate the damage with ease. Simply change your washing and styling habits and use a few extra treatments to repair dry, damaged hair.