Acne is a skin problem in which, red pimples start growing on the face. In medical terms, it is called as Acne Vulgaris. Acne involves the over-production of sebum from the sebaceous glands which results in the blockage of the pores with a sticky mass of the dead cells and oil. Acne makes the skin look ugly and therefore an embarrassing problem. Acne is very common among adolescents. In adolescence, the sebaceous glands are overactive.
Acne arises if the level of these circulating androgen is very high or the gland becomes overly sensitive to circulating androgens. There are various forms of acne, like whiteheads, nodules, blackheads, papules, cysts, and pustules. However, acne can be treated with some home ingredients. Here are some natural and simple home remedies for the treatment of vulgaris acne.
The Useful Acne Vulgaris Natural Treatment
- Aloe vera is a useful topical agent for acne. Aloe vera gel is contained in the mucilaginous tissue that is found in the inner leaf of the plant, and should not be confused with aloes, which are the latex stored in tubules along the leaf margin. Aloe vera gel may be produced by a hand-filleted technique to remove the inner leaf, or by a whole-leaf extraction process where the aloes constituents.
- Olive Oil: Can olive oil be a good home remedy for acne? Yes, olive oil is an effective home remedy for healing acne. Olive oil is recognized for its anti-bacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Olive oil is used with lemon juice for removing acne. All you need to do is to add 1/8 teaspoon of lemon juice in ¼ teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture on the face directly.
- Amaranth: Make a tea from Amaranth (Amaranthus spinosus) seeds and use as a face wash. To make the tea bring 3 cups of water to boil, add 2 teaspoons of seeds. Cover and boil for five minutes; remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of leaves and steep for 30 minutes.
- Rub the garlic on pimples and skin around the pimples. This destroys the bacteria that cause acne and pimples will vanish in no time.
- The bark of willow (Salix alba) can also be an effective ingredient for topical acne treatment. The bark of willow is reported to have analgesic, anti-inflammatory astringent properties. The bark of willow contains the phenolic glycosides salicin (up to 10%), acetylsalicin, salicortin, salireposide, picein, triandrin. Esters of salicylic acid, salicyl alcohol, and flavonoids and tannins are also present. The bark of willow is reported to have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and astringent properties.
- Ice: Rubbing ice cubes on the face will decrease the size of acne and helps in healing the acne pain. You are required to take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a clean cloth. Now, rub it gently on the face, specially covering the infected area until the area becomes insensitive. If you have a lot of acne, you can hold ice for five minutes on the infected area. This will minimize the redness and inflammation of acne.
- Clean your skin and apply Lemon (Citrus lemon) juice with a cotton ball. The acid in emon helps flush out the pores and keeps the skin looking beautiful. Another method using Lemon juice is to “steam clean” the face by putting it over a pan of boiling water with a towel over your head to trap the steam. This will loosen the dirt and oil. Then apply a cotton ball to remove the dirt and oil buildup. Use this method once a week.
- Rub affected area with cotton soaked in benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, resorcinol or frequently during the day. This healthy and cure acne.
- Banana Peel: It is very interesting to know that banana peel is effective for curing acne. Lutein, present in banana peel, acts as an antioxidant, which increases the growth of cells. Peel a banana and use its peel directly on the face. Massage your face with the peel in a circular motion. After 30 minutes, when it gets dried, rinse off your face with clean water.
- Almond Powder: Almond powder is a natural remedy for curing acne and blackheads. Take some almond powder in a bowl. Add rosewater in it to make a paste. Apply this paste on problematic areas. Wash it with clean water after 15 minutes.
Hope you like this post. We’d love to have you Pin It, Tweet It, Stumble It and Facebook It to let others know that this resource is now available to them!