Our neck is an area that has several folds. These folds make very easy for the dirt to accumulate in them. Dark skin on the neck is a common occurrence and many individuals experience this condition. The skin care routines that are performed on the face are rarely done on the neck. As such the exfoliation of dead skins cells on the neck does not take place.
There is a lot of importance given to the care of the face, hands, and the body with plenty of beauty tips. However, beauty tips or care for neck skin are rarely asked for or given. To keep the skin soft and smooth the most important thing to do is drink plenty of water as it not only helps in smooth functioning of the body, but also helps remove toxins from the body.
The Best Home Remedies for Dark Skin Around Neck
Home treatment for dark skin on neck is not only inexpensive but is also not harmful as other chemical procedures. Here are some home remedies to whiten a dark neck:
- A very good way to reduce the tan and bring a natural glow to your face is application of a pack prepared with 1 teaspoon milk powder, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and ½ teaspoon almond oil. You should apply this on your face and neck, especially the back of your neck, and wash it off after approximately 15 minutes.
- Mix three spoons of Borax powder, two spoons of glycerin, and two cups of rose water. Apply this mixture on your neck and leave it for a while. Wash it off with water later on.
- Make a paste of gram flour, turmeric powder, curd, and one teaspoon of milk. And apply this paste on your neck and leave it to dry for 20 minutes and then wash it.
- For a neck skin rash you can apply aloe vera gel with vitamin E oil to heal the rash effectively. This also helps to keep the skin moisturized and well nourished. Aloe vera and vitamin E are good for dark neck skin too. You can massage your neck with oatmeal mixed with yogurt to reduce rashes.
- Make a paste of yogurt and crushed walnuts and apply the paste on your neck. It is best home remedy to remove dirt and layer of dark skin. Repeat this remedy thrice a week.
- To get rid of dark skin around neck or to whiten the neck skin, first of all you have to make a habit to wear sunscreen before going out into the sun.
- Lime juice is considered as a natural bleaching agent. Add a pinch of turmeric powder in two table spoon of lime juice and apply it on the neck and wash it off after some time. Do it regularly and observe the difference after a period of two weeks.
- Rub the skin with a slice of tomato and allow the juice to remain on the skin until it is gets soaked in. Then pour some honey on a loofah and scrub the darkened skin. Tomato works as a natural bleaching agent and will help to lighten the skin.
- The honey is effective in moisturizing and nourishing the skin. Due to this exfoliation process, the dead skin cells are removed from the surface of the skin, giving way to fresh soft skin underneath.
- Take a potato, 5-10 tsp of fresh milk and one tsp coconut oil. Mix them together and make a paste. Before applying this paste on your neck, wash your neck thoroughly and dry it out with towel. Apply the pack on your neck and leave it for half an hour. Then wash it with warm water.
A dark neck can effectively be treated with these home remedies if they are done regularly. As with most home remedies, you have to be patient because the results will take some time. Not all the remedies will suit your skin, so depending on your skin type, you should continue with the one that works for you. It is advisable to consult a doctor if you get rashes or if there is no result from any treatment.