Dark circles can affect both men and women. Dark circles under eyes are not liked by anyone. They not only give you a tiresome appearance but also make you look ages older than you are. The skin around your eyes is very thin and delicate which makes these dark circles even more prominent. As this region does not have oil glands, it needs special care and attention. Though, it is not a serious problem, but, it can look really bad sometimes.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Do you have dark circles? Do they affect your self esteem, or depress you? How can you get rid of dark circle? Are you wondering why you even have them? So here are the top best ways to get rid of dark circles fast.
How To Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes Quickly
- Grated potatoes: Grate some raw potato and extract the juice of the same. Now take a cotton ball and soak it in the potato juice. Close your eyes and place these cotton balls on your eyes. Make sure they cover the entire area of the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Take a small bowl with cucumber juice, and dip two cotton pads into it. Place these on the eyes and leave it on for 15 minutes, wash it off with plain water. You can also directly apply the juice on the dark circles. Repeat every day until you see results.
- Tomatoes are rich in a number of nutrients including vitamin A, B and C, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, calcium, and iron. All these nutrients along with its bleaching properties make tomatoes a good remedy for dark circles. Lemon juice too has strong bleaching properties. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties which helps in diminishing dark circles as well as puffy eye bags. Make this very beneficial pack using all these ingredients to get rid of your dark circles.
- Tea bags are also considered as a beneficial treatment for dark circles. Place one cold tea bag on each eye and let it rest for a while. Pat it dry and you will see your eyes rejuvenated.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is a stand out among the most soothing remedies for eyes. Produced using the fragrant roses, rose water fulfil your numerous faculties abandoning you relaxed. In the event that your dark circles are due to lack of sleep, push, exhaust or due to long sittings before those splendid machine screens, this remedy is for you. The anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties of rose water gives you protection against dust, contamination, itchiness, redness, and inflammation of the eyes. It can, obviously, reduce the puffiness under eye and dark circles as well.
- Cold Tea Bags: Soak a tea bag in water. Then, place it in a refrigerator for some time. Now, place these tea bags over your eyes. You can also use chamomile tea bag. Regular use will definitely remove the dark circles.
- Lemon Juice: Just like potato, lemon juice also holds bleaching properties. Vitamin C will help to remove the dark circles around the eyes. You can place a cotton ball dipped in fresh lemon juice on the affected area. Leave it on for fifteen minutes and wash it off with normal water. Repeat to see results.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a rich source of probiotics and lactic acid as well. Lactic acid can exfoliate skin to give it a radiance. The acidic and astringent properties of buttermilk can cure discoloration under eyes. It is used along with turmeric to get the anti-inflammatory effects of this very good spice for health and beauty as we discussed in the previous remedy.
- Exercise: Daily exercises, along with deep breathing, improve blood circulation, oxygenation and control stress. Accompanied with adequate sleep and relaxation, a daily exercise regime leads to a healthier lifestyle resulting in reduced dark circles.
All these measures ought to be sufficient to prevent dark circles under your eyes. If not, utilize one or the other home remedy for dark circles or visit doctor to preclude any probability of different diseases whose indication may be dark circles under eyes!