Blackheads are just pimples that don’t have skin over them. That’s all they are. Because there’s no skin, and they’re exposed to the air, the top layer of gunk in your pores oxidizes and turns that darkish black color. The difference between a black head and a white head is simply whether or not the pore is open or closed. If the pore is open, the plug of sebum/skin cells oxidizes as it is in contact with the oxygen in the air, which turns it black. Blackheads are not caused by dirt. Let’s make that clear from the beginning.
These irritating blemishes occur most often on and around the nose putting them dead center in the middle of the face where they are most noticeable. There is no shortage of over the counter blackhead treatments at drug stores and make-up counters. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have just as much success with a homemade treatment. Here are some of the effective natural remedies for banishing those annoying little blackheads. I know it can be hard to resist, but your skin will be better off this way.
The Most Useful Nose Blackheads Treatment With Home Remedies
- Egg White Mask: Egg whites form an easy mask that can be used to temporarily tighten pores, thus reducing chances of future blackheads, and will also remove current blackheads. Egg whites are also rich in nutrients for your skin, and are a little less drying than some other home remedies for blackheads.
- Tomatoes have natural antiseptic properties that dry up blackheads. Take a small tomato, peeled and mashed, then apply it over the blackheads before going to bed. Leave overnight and then wash your face with clean water in the morning.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that can be used to make an aromatic face mask for removal of blackheads. Mix one part organic cinnamon with two parts honey to form a paste. Apply a thin layer over blackheads. Leave on for at least fifteen minutes. Wash off with your favorite all-natural cleanser, then follow up with a moisturizer. Use this remedy daily for best results.
- Honey, like egg whites, has many benefits for the skin. It’s loaded with antioxidants and other properties that can fight off all sorts of problems. All you have to do is slather honey on your face and let it do its magic for 15 minutes or so. You’ll be amazed at how fresh, smooth and healthy your skin looks with regular use.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is an effective treatment for blackheads as well as acne. It helps clear the skin of impurities such as debris and dirt. Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water to make a paste. Apply the paste generously on the affected skin area and massage gently. Allow it to dry for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
- Honey and Milk Pore Strips: Milk and honey both have properties that are good for skin. Honey has antibacterial properties, and the lactic acid in milk is said to help keep skin soft and supple. The main purpose here though is, when mixed together, to act as an adhesive.
- A mixture of oatmeal and yogurt is good for the skin and helps banish blackheads. Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with 3 tablespoons of yogurt, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil to it, mix all these ingredients well till it forms a paste. Apply the mixture on the face, leave for 10-15 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) citric acid which naturally removes dead skin, making it perfect for unstopping clogged pores. Also, vitamin C in lemon juice is anti-oxidant and stimulates collagen production to improve skin health and reduce scarring from acne.
- Experts don’t recommend using this method unless all of your other attempts have failed. You’ll want to start with a clean toothbrush and be very gentle so you don’t tear up your skin. Douse the toothbrush in lemon juice and a couple of drops of oil and gently massage your blackheads with the brush. Always use soft bristles.
- Prepare a mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply gently to the affected part, allow to dry for few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water to remove away the oil and dirt that causes blackheads.
Hope you will like and used these tips. Use this treatment as much as you like. Have I missed anything? Do any of you have sure-fire ways of getting rid of nose blackheads?