Acne is developed in several babies due to the lasting maternal hormones after delivery which may effect to the stimulation of the sebaceous glands of the baby. In fact, since hormones are transferred to the baby in the womb, some acne may show up on the cheeks, forehead or chin for up to six months following birth. However, what could be done to avert the situation is to employ home remedies to control the condition. Let us check out the causes of baby acne in detail, along with some natural cures and treatments for the same.
The Most Useful Acne Home Remedies for Babies
- Wash your child’s face with a mild soap and warm water, at least two times in a day. This helps open the pores and clears the oils and sweat that can contribute to acne formation.
- Next home remedies take some honey and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply on the affected area, with a cotton wash. Go it on for 1/2 hour and then wash with hot water.
- If you are breast-feeding your baby, you’ll need to monitor what you eat and drink. Avoid eating oily or fatty foods that can worsen your baby’s acne problem. Make sure you drink plenty of fresh water and fruit juices each day to encourage proper cell renewal and rejuvenation in your baby’s skin.
- Apply mothers breast milk on the acne. Pump some milk out, and apply it on the affected area directly with a cotton ball or cotton swab. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and wipe off the traces with a soft cloth dipped in warm water.
- To use this treatment, boil 1/2 cup of neem leaves with 1 cup of water for five minutes. Remove and discard the neem leaves and let the liquid cool to room temperature. Soak a clean cotton pad or cotton ball in the mixture for two minutes and gently wipe your baby’s skin with the mixture. Leave the liquid on the skin for five minutes before rinsing with cool, clean water and washing with a very gentle cleanser.
- Make sure to clean out saliva from your baby’s face every now and then, as it is also one of the causes of baby acne.
- Avoid use of lotion and creams on the baby’s skin as far as possible. This may activate the sebaceous glands and aggravate the condition all the more.
The home remedies mentioned herein, may be applied to have your baby free of acne. So, here I give you some suggestions to care your baby from this; Forever wash your baby’s clothes as well as other items, such as bed sheet, pillow covers, etc in gentle detergents.