Acne is the most common problem in teenage and many adults these days. Acne or pimples are the result of hormonal changes and improper diet in teenage. With acne affecting so many people, everyone has a method that works best for them, and sometimes that involves making your own treatment.
The acne generally occur at face, though neck, back and shoulders are the other most popular body areas to host it. Following are some tips for curing acne and acne scars naturally at home. Just keep in mind that these home remedies are not medically validated and may or may not work for you!
The Best Home Skin Care Tips for Acne
- Wash your face gently using a mild cleanser, once in the morning and once in the evening, as well as after heavy exercise. Wash from under the jaw to the hairline, and rinse thoroughly.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Stop taking junk food, fried and oily foods. It will help greatly to get rid of acne naturally at home.
- Make a soap mixture. Put a bar of soap in a small container. Boil a cup of water and pour it over the soap in the container. Close the container and keep it shut for at least 2-3 hours or until the soap dissolves. Wash your face normally and make sure it’s dry and not oily.
- Lemon juice when mixed with ground nut oil and then applied on the affected surface is a very good remedy for pimples. Sandal wood powder can also be added for added benefit. Cinnamon power mixed with lemon juice also works wonders.
- Be careful in the sun. Many of the treatments for acne can make you more prone to sunburn. Limit the time you spend in the sun and use an effective sun block.
- Rub ice on acne for 30 to one minute, you can do it many times a day. It will reduce the swelling. After that crush one aspirin and mix with water to make a paste. Apply on the pimple and leave for the night. You will certainly get rid of pimples and redness caused by it.
- Create a face mask using a solution of one finely crushed aspirin tablet per tablespoon of cold cream. Spread over your face, wait 3-5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Pulp of ripe tomato when regularly applied for an hour is an effective treatment against pimples. The cucumber pulp also does the same act of curing pimples in a natural way.
- Eat a healthy diet. There is little evidence that any foods cause acne but it may be sensible for you to avoid foods that you think make your acne worse.
- Aloe vera the wonder remedy for a genre of disease is a good natural remedy. Apply the pulp of the leaves directly on the surface of the pimples. It is anti bacterial and prevents inflammation.
- Neem leaves are known for their effect on pimples. Make a paste of neem leaves and add a little turmeric in it. Apply for 25 to 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. This is the most effective anti- bacterial home remedy for treating acne and acne scars.
- A mixture made with oatmeal and honey is very effective for the treatment and cure of pimples.
If you continue to suffer from severe acne, it may be wise to see your doctor or a dermatologist to determine whether prescription medication may be necessary.