We all love thick, healthy hair, but not when it grows on our legs – or anywhere besides our heads, for that matter. If pregnancy has you looking like a resident of Planet of the Apes, stay calm – this hairy situation is only temporary.
Hair removal during a pregnancy becomes even more of a concern among women, as hair grows faster and springs up in unwanted places. Browse these pregnancy hair removal tips and tricks for answers on everything from covering up those break-outs to baby-safe ways to pamper yourself.
The Best Hair Removal Tips When Pregnant
- Wax: It’s safe, but because you have more blood flowing to your skin during pregnancy – especially in your pubic area – you’ll probably be more sensitive to tugging on your skin.
- Hair removal creams during pregnancy are another very popular method of hair removal as they are considerably less painful. However, they do contain a number of different chemicals and therefore it is better to consult your health obstetrician before you use any product.
- Shave: Shave standing up If you shave in the shower. Ask your partner to help you keep your balance and help you in and out of the tub.
- Electrolysis hair removal during pregnancy is another very popular method. It is considered to be a relatively safe option during pregnancy, but it should be avoided in the third trimester – especially on the breasts and even more so if the mother plans to breastfeed her baby.
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair reduction works by transmitting streams of intense laser streams targeting hair follicles. In order to reach the hair follicles laser streams must enter the skin no deeper than a few millimeters. Therefore, it’s not likely that laser light will enter deeper to cause any risk to the developing baby.
I hope you will found these tips very useful. If you are know any tip about pregnancy hair removal so please share with us via comments below.