Hair removal methods can be categorized under the banners of surface or root. Whether it is hair on the face, armpits, legs, bikini line, or other body parts, many women and men are intent upon having the hair on their scalp be the only visible hair on their bodies.
There are many options available to remove unwanted hair, but few options to get rid of hair permanently. Before you decide to get rid of unwanted hair you must understand how to define exactly what hair you are trying to remove.
The Best Useful Hair Removal Methods At Home
- Bleaching: Bleaching is actually not a hair removal method, but rather a way to make the hair less noticeable. This is especially useful for areas that already have thin but dark and therefore noticeable hair like the arms, face, or neck.
- Depilation methods of hair removal tips can usually last a few hours to a few days. These methods include shaving, using depilatory creams, and methods that involve friction.
- Shaving: wet manual shaving or electrical shaving. Men are usually applying this method to remove facial hair. For women this method is mostly suitable to remove hair from the legs and underarm. The method isn’t suitable for eyebrows for both men and women and mostly isn’t recommended for facial hair removal for women.
- Epilation methods can last longer than depilation but are not as effective as permanent removal. These processes can range from simple plucking with tweezers, waxing, and the use of rotary epilators.
- Waxing: wax is spread on the area of skin where the unwanted hair is growing. A cloth strip is then applied over the wax and quickly pulled off, taking the hair root and dead skin cells with it. It works well on every part of the body.
- Plucking: Plucking hair with tweezers is an effective way to remove hair but can be very time consuming. The hair shaft must be long enough to grasp with tweezers.
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser Hair removal is quickly growing to become a popular form of permanent hair removal. Considered a lot safer and less painful than electrolysis, many consumers have found this to be the best way to achieve long-lasting hair removal.
These are the most common hair removal methods that are being used nowadays. Deciding to remove body hair is a personal choice. If you decide on removing unwanted hair you should choose the best method for you.