Winter is about to invade our lives and our beauty routines, whether you like it or not. The best plan of action? Winter doesn’t just bring snow and cold temperatures – it also brings a new set of hair havocs. Dry air, blowing snow, wind, static, and indoor heat can all cause your hair to misbehave, look dull and downright lousy.
To ensure that all of us maintain our gorgeous strands this winter, we spoke to a few hair care pros who offered up the following tips. Due to facts, many kinds of hair problem appears such as dry hair and dry scalp, fuzzy hair, brittle hair, dandruff and split ends. So, doing a few specific things for your hair especially in winter, will help with damage control and give you hair that is meant to be shown off!
The Best Winter Hair Care Tips 2013-14
- When combing your hair, use a vented hair brush that has a combination of plastic and boar bristles. Wash your hair only with lukewarm water, not hot water, as the latter will further dry out your scalp. Apply a leave-in conditioner to keep hair smooth.
- Avoid chemicals. Don’t perm or use peroxide-laden color in winter. Try having lowlights or highlights added to just a few strands of hair to give you that extra glow, or try using a no peroxide hair color or a low-peroxide color.
- Shampoo less in the winter to avoid drying out your hair and scalp, try every second or third day to allow your natural oils to keep your scalp and hair protected. If you need to soak up some grease, a good powdered dry shampoo will do the trick.
- To avoid exposure to the sun your hair is, you try to hide it, every time, ideal for outdoor GO. How Can than harmful in winter as in summer, so has sure Its your hair with a scarf, hat or cap every time, perfect go to ceiling.
- Warm two teaspoons of olive oil and massage it slowly through your scalp. This slow massaging helps the oil penetrate deep into the roots. A warm olive oil massage will give your hair shine and remove dandruff and frizz, while also controlling hair breakage.
- Cover up! If you are going to be outside, especially in extreme temperatures or wind, use a pretty silk scarf to protect your hair from the elements. Sun can also be as damaging in winter as it is in summer!
- Heat some drops of olive oil and then pour it on your scalp with a cotton wool. Now, rub your scalp gently to remove the white flakes. Get a towel and plunge into water, squeeze out the water, and wrap the towel around your head. Leave it for 5-6 minutes and do it 3-4 times. Now, leave the oil on whole night. When it is morning, apply some lemon juice on your scalp and leave it for half an hour. And then wash it with a shampoo. You can keep the practice on for once or twice a week to get better result.