Oily hair is difficult to manage, can be limp, and hard to style. Have you ever noticed your hair which becomes oily though it was given with number of washes in a week! The oiliness of the hair makes it appear as stringy and dirty even though you wash your hair regularly. Oil on the scalp is necessary to keep the scalp healthy and to prevent damage to hair such as split ends and provide a good sheen.
The best way to deal with your oily hair is to find out the cause of your problem and treat your hair accordingly. It gets dirtier a lot faster and attracts more dust and grime leading to build up in the scalp. In addition, it’s extremely difficult to style and maintain. So to help you get your lanky locks sorted, we’ve put together our best oily hair care tips.
The Best Ways To Get Rid Of Oily Hair
- Diluted lemon juice can provide similar results to the vinegar rinse for oily hair with a much more pleasant scent.
- Avoid fried food in your diet and include lot fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouted cereals and pulses. Also drink enough water.
- Mix an egg yolk with few drops of lime. Apply it to wet hair and rinse it thoroughly for the instant results.
- One of the best home remedies to treat oily hair is the use of aloe vera gel. You can mix the aloe vera gel with any shampoo to get rid of oily hair.
- To ensure that you don’t make your oily hair worse don’t touch your hair during the day and regularly wash your combs and hair brushes to keep them clean.
- Rinsing of oily hair can be done with 2-3 bsp of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar into one mug of water.
- Shampoo: It’s important to keep oily hair clean and the best way to do that is to shampoo regularly. However, in your enthusiasm, make sure you don’t overdo it. Excessive shampooing is counter-productive. It dries your hair causing the sebaceous glands in the scalp to produce more oil.
- Wash oily hair daily, but concentrate the shampoo on the hair away from the scalp to remove the excess oil from the hair, not on the scalp itself, because this can dry the scalp even more.
- Conditioners coat the hair so the people who are having oily hair must decrease their usage of conditioners, if it is must make use for just to the ends of the hair.
- Mix equal parts of any cologne and water. Use cotton wool to rub this mixture into fine partings of the hair. This lifts grease of the roots. Wash hair as usual.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight, grind it to a paste and apply to your hair. Wash it after 20 minutes. This is an effective home treatment not only for oily hair but also for dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar is for the do a good job on oily hair. You need to make sure that you only use diluted apple cider vinegar on your hair.
With these natural tips and treatments, one can effectively manage oily hair. If you follow these tips for managing oily hair, your hair should improve almost immediately.