One of the biggest myths about black hair is that it doesn’t grow or grow as quickly as other types of hair. All hair grows an average of ½ inch per month, but it’s how you treat your hair that determines how much you’ll retain. And when it is long and full of life, even more so. It is no wonder women crave for long healthy hair. But keep in mind that it is long, shiny and healthy hair that is admired not dull and lifeless long hair.
Some women are gifted with long and strong hair since birth, but they too if not taken care with well balanced nutrition and care will become weak and dull over the time. So if you’re looking to grow your hair long, here are some of the best tips you can use to grow your hair longer and stronger.
The Most Effective Hair Care Tips for Long Hair
- Oil Massage of the scalp is very important part of hair care. Hair and the scalp should be massaged with hair oil at least once every month to keep them healthy. If possible apply luke warm hair oil and leave it on the scalp for at least half an hour before washing your hairs. Apply oil half an hour before washing your hair; this will prevent your hair from excessive dryness after washing. Moreover they will appear soft and moisturised after washing.
- If you didn’t know, hair is extra extra extra fragile when it’s wet. So ripping a brush through it when it’s wet is like telling your best friend you slept with her boyfriend just after her dog died. In other words, likely to end your friendship and kind of a dick move.
- Get Regular Trims: A trim is defined as removing ¼ to ½ inch of hair, nothing more. If your stylist insists on cutting off inches of hair every time you go in for a visit, your hair won’t get longer, so either find a professional who understands exactly how much hair you need removed or learn to trim your hair yourself.
- Conditioning is a key factor to maintaining good hair. It locks the moisture in the shaft preventing dryness along with providing protection from dirt and pollution, to a certain extent from the sun too. Therefore skipping the conditioner would just be plain stupid. However there are certain tips and ways to do it right depending on your needs.
- Steaming hairs is also vital part of hair care and is very helpful not only for long and strong hair, but keeps your hair scalp also healthy. After oil massage take a clean towel dip it in hot water and remove excess water from towel and now wrap this warm towel around your head. This should be left for 10-15 minutes and 5repeat it again 2-3 times.
- Avoid heat much as possible. If you want waves and curls, adopt a few of the natural methods. But of you have to use heat when straightening, reduce the temperature and make it point to use heat protectant.
- You can use coconut milk. Apply it and massage it gently on to the scalp and then wash your hair with cold water. Coconut milk is known for encouraging growth and improves the texture and conditions the hair.
- Henna is efficient enough to give nice shine by conditioning your hairs. There are packets available in the market which is already mixed with Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Methi, Amla, Gulmohar, Bhringraaj, Brahmi etc. which are very beneficial for hair growth. If you want you can add these things in Henna paste and then apply on your hair.