Long hair is an age-old beauty trend that will always be in style. Unfortunately, getting super long hair isn’t always easy. And when it is long and full of life, even more so. It is no wonder women crave for long healthy hair. There are no shortcuts to growing luscious, long locks. On average, hair grows about a half an inch per month. Your general health, well-being, and genetic factors affect your rate of hair growth.
It is extremely important to maintain and enhance the quality of hair and take care of those long tresses without much mess. Do you want long, gorgeous hair that people stop and admire? Many people dream of having long swishy hair, but don’t know how to get it. Learning how to make your hair grow long faster naturally is easy, you just have to know the right methods! And I am going to give you some of the super tips on how to return to thick, luscious, long locks!
How To Grow Long Hair: Best Tips
- Many essential oils are applied and kept overnight to make hair real smooth and shiny. Almond oil is known for its good qualities and helps hair grow long faster and makes hair silky.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals on your hair. The shampoo and conditioner you use may be contributing to poor hair growth. Most commercial shampoos contain sulfates, which strip your hair of its natural oils and leave it susceptible to damage. Conditioners contain silicones that coat the hair with chemicals and need to be washed out with more strong shampoo. This cycle is really damaging to hair!
- Ditch your cotton pillowcase: Townsend recommends switching to a sateen fabric such as Calvin Klein Sateen White Sheeting because it has a softer surface that won’t cause friction the way that regularly woven cotton does with your hair, so you’ll wake up with fewer tangles.
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet rich in protein and vital vitamins and minerals is an essential prerequisite to healthy hair growth. Opt for foods high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. Vitamin B-complex, in particular, is extremely important for making your hair grow faster.
- Normal coconut oil just helps keep the hair non-messy and neatly tied. But unlike the myth it does not help grow hair.
- Combing for better hair care: Using of a wide toothed comb is advised. Use it to detangle the hair from the bottom and slowly work up as it will reduce breakage. Don’t try combing your hair while it’s wet as this may lead to unnecessary hair fall. Also do keep in mind that you will need to cover your hair while in the pool as the chlorine in it will harm the hair.
- Apply Egg Whites: A lot of people believe that this tip concerning how to make your hair grow faster doesn’t work well, but egg whites have been known for their healing properties and their ability to replenish hair and restore its softness and shine! Just crack open a few eggs, strain out the yolks, and make an egg white mask for your hair. Your hair will look ten times healthier instantly and will feel a lot stronger as well – which, ultimately, will allow your hair to grow faster!
- Amla powder, ritha and shikakai powder and bhringraj powder can be mixed along with curds and lemon can be used as cleansing agents.
- Stress is one of the most important factors that contribute to hair loss. It is believed that stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and trigger hairs to enter the telogen or fall-out phase. Thus, when striving for faster hair growth, minimize the stress in your life. To manage stress, you can use meditation, breathing exercises, or other relaxation techniques. Plus, be sure to get your beauty sleep as the growth hormone is released during sleep.
- Vitamin E is extremely good for your hair. We all know that. For years, it has been an essential ingredient in our body lotions, shampoos and conditioners. It contains anti-oxidants which are very helpful on the whole. But it is recently that we have found the value of Vitamin E oil.
Maintain healthy hair by following a good hair care routine and using hair products that are suitable for your hair type. Plus, protect your tresses from sun damage and avoid the use of heat styling products.