Summer may bring glorious visions of natural highlights and long windblown hair. It’s summer and for many women, one of the biggest problems during summer is hair damage. Too much heat from the sun during summer is a seasonal enemy of our precious hair, not just for women but also men.
Thus with the advent of summer you start experiencing numerous hair problems like dry hair, split ends, frizzy and brittle hair. All these means its time you start paying attention to your hair. Natural hair care is more important during the summer months. You need to protect your locks from the damage that the summer heat brings.
The Best Summer Hair Care Tips
Here are some tips to keep your hair healthy and flourishing during these wonderful summer months.
- Trim the damaged sections of your hair, especially if you tend to have frizzy hair and keep them short during summer. Wearing a short hairstyle during summer lets you enjoy the sun, without having to put all your worries on your hair.
- Moisturize your hair daily. Use a light misting spray or natural moisturizer regularly. Avoid using products containing alcohol, mineral oil, paraffin gel and other ingredients that lead to dry brittle hair.
- Moisturize your hair daily. Use a light misting spray or natural moisturizer regularly.Avoid using products containing alcohol, mineral oil, paraffin gel and other ingredients that lead to dry brittle hair.
- You need moisture inside and out. Drink plenty of water this summer. Drinking the proper amount water is important to your overall health and to your hair.
- Avoid coloring your hair, because the UV rays in the sun can damage colored hair more than uncolored hair. Protect your current color by applying a clear, semi-permanent glaze over it.
- Wear hats, caps, bring umbrellas whenever you are out in the sun. Simple to do but some still ignore wearing hats or bringing umbrellas.
- Avoid using alcohol on your hair during summer, as it tends to dry your hair to a great extent. It is therefore advisable to use natural products instead.
- Before plunging into a pool, be sure to coat the hair with either a moisturizer or conditioner if possible. Wash the hair as soon as possible after exiting the pool.
- Dry Scalp is yet another summer hair problem due to lack of moisture. To prevent dry scalp make sure to oil your hair regularly, wash it twice a week with mild shampoo and use less chemicles.
- Stay away from hair lighteners that contain peroxide. Peroxide can cause damage to your hair and change the color drastically.
Following these natural hair care tips will help you maintain healthy and beautiful hair throughout the summer months. If you follow these simple rules you will be able to enjoy the sun and enjoy your hair!