If you want to lose weight, you’re not alone. Almost half of all Americans are trying to lose weight at any given time. While there are many things you can do to shed pounds, losing weight too quickly can be dangerous. Fast ways to lose weight do exist, in fact, you’ll be surprised at how many effective ways to lose weight quickly there actually are!
The Most Useful Tips for Weight Loss
- Reduced fat milk is one of the healthiest dairy items. It’s low in fat, and it’s an excellent source of protein, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin B. If you want something with fewer sugars and saturated fats, you might want to try a lower percentage, like skim milk.
- Make Time for a Quickie: An 11-minute workout can help you burn more fat all day long, say researchers from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.
- Part-skim ricotta cheese. Just 39 calories in one ounce of this food, packed with fat releasing calcium. Dollop over a bowl of fresh fruit for dessert.
- Reduced fat cheese is a great option, too. Different low fat cheeses have different statistics. For cheeses like Colby and cheddar, you get tons of phosphorus, selenium, calcium, and protein. It’s ideal for when you need a dairy fix.
- Low in fat and cholesterol, bananas are yummy, healthy fruits. They’re full of vitamin C, fiber, and B6. Mash them up in cereal (or yogurt!) or eat them by themselves. A banana is a terrific to-go snack.
- Raw onions are free from fat and cholesterol; they have a low amount of sodium, and very little sugar. They do have lots of vitamins – B6, C, and K – fiber, and folate, so keep adding them to salads and sandwiches!
- Use nonfat powdered milk in coffee. You get the nutritional benefits of skim milk, which is high in calcium and low in calories. And, because the water has been removed, powdered milk doesn’t dilute the coffee the way skim milk does.
Do you know about other healthy things I should be feeding my family? Please post them in the comments section so we all can try them!