Weight loss really can be as simple as shaving 100 calories per day. Weight loss experts agree that the best way to win the battle of the bulge is not through strict diets but by making small changes you can sustain for a lifetime. Do you have a little extra padding around the middle? Love handles are one of the toughest areas to trim into shape.
A good workout program and a healthy diet are the things you need. Just remember that hard work is key and there are no shortcuts. The fastest and easiest way to lose your love handles is by losing weight throughout your whole body. Learn how to make the most of what you’ve got with our top expert tips!
How to Lose Love Handles Fast
- Relieve your stress. When you get stressed out due to working too much, having family troubles or experiencing some kind of trauma, the body reacts by releasing a hormone called cortisol. In addition to causing a host of health issues, cortisol causes you to gain fat around the middle of your body, leading to love handles.
- Make sure you get a proper night’s rest by going to bed at the same time each night to help regulate your body’s circadian rhythm. Apply a spritz of lavender essential oil to your pillow and enjoy a soak in the tub before lights out to increase your chances of shut-eye.
- Compound exercises are exercises that require several muscles to execute. This promotes overall strength and muscle growth. And as mentioned earlier, you need to lose weight throughout your body to get rid of love handles. Focus on compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, and presses.
- Leg flutters are especially helpful. They work by making your back stronger, and that can firm your stomach and eliminate love handles. To properly do leg flutters, lay down on your stomach, lift your head up a bit, and keep your arms out by your sides or bent at the elbows.
- Clean up your diet to reduce your caloric intake. Eat lean protein, whole grains, low-fat or nonfat dairy, veggies and fruits. Serve yourself smaller portions and consume low-calorie, nutritious foods over high-calorie foods.
- Keep track of all the beverages you drink that contain calories and replace each one every week with water until you are drinking nothing but water. This will reduce your caloric intake, flush your body of impurities and it will also keep your hydrated.
- Staying up too late is hard on your body and mind, and results in cortisol overproduction and weight gain around the middle. Getting better sleep is often an overlooked key to weight loss, but it can make a big difference.