Acne is a skin condition caused from over-productive oil glands. Acne affects about 85 percent of teenagers and 20 percent of adults. Foods like chocolate, sweats, tomatoes, acidic foods and dairy can all contribute to acne in one way or another. Employing a few easy skin care measures often helps you get rid of mild to moderate acne and reduces the likelihood and severity of future outbreaks.
How To Get Rid of Acne Naturally At Home
- Aloe Vera: This is great because if you have an acne scar, it will heal it and prevent drying, peeling, and pimples without making skin dry or oily. Use like regular moisturizer once a day, after you wash your face in the morning.
- A face mask made from honey can tighten pores and make skin smoother. Honey contains antioxidants, which help make skin appear younger. Apply warm or room temperature honey to the face for 10-15 minutes, rinse, and pat dry.
- Lemon juice lessens the acne inflammation and treats the acne without leaving any scars. You can even mix the lemon juice with either aloe vera or rose water, then on a clean face apply the mixture. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Drink more water and less soda. Not only does the sugar in soda clog pores and caffeine cause acne, but when you replace it with water, your skin cells are renewed faster and toxins are removed from your body. Drinking 8 glasses of water daily instead of soda will make a difference in your acne.
- Cucumber juice: Used as a topical application, either alone or combined with carrot juice, alfalfa or lettuce.
- Distilled white vinegar: Apply the vinegar as a topical solution, letting it sit on the infected area for at least 5-10 minutes. Then rinse it thoroughly with cool water. Often the vinegar can be a little too strong so it is recommended that you dilute it, though not too much.
- Walking: If you never exercise, it means that your skin is normal and produces enough oil, but it never has anywhere to put it. Take a brisk walk or jog, even through your house for 5 minutes every day. Increase it to 10 minutes if you do not see results.
- Cinnamon powder mixes with honey is equally effective in curing acne. Boiled neem leaves when applied on acne acts as a disinfectant. The infected area should be washed with anti acne soap at least three to four times a day.
- Egg Face Mask: First break an egg, separating the white from the yolk. With clean hands apply the white liquid evenly on your face. Leave it on your face for 15 to 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. To intensify further pore tightening and skin firming, you can also gently massage an ice cube all over your face after removing the egg mixture.
- Rosewater. The benefits of rosewater are really amazing and many people are using this as a daily skin care regiment. To make rosewater, you simply add 4 to 6 rose pedals to a cup of water and wait for it to turn red. You then apply a small amount with a cotton swab.
Hope you will like these useful acne treatment tips. Apart from all these a healthy lifestyle should be followed, with proper balance of food, exercise and sleep. Remember if you take proper care of yourself no ailments can trouble you.