How we take care of our hair has a direct affect on how our hair grows!!! Yes, over-styling and rough handling of your hair may be the reason you are not experiencing proper hair growth. Natural black hair is typically dry and therefore the need to keep the hair and scalp moist is a must.
We have compiled a number of tips to help you establish a black hair care grooming regime that will keep your hair in tip-top condition. Take a look at the list of things many of us do to our hair that prevents it from retaining length.
The Best Natural Black Hair Care Tips
- You can carry out a hot oil massage with either of coconut oil, almond oil or amla oil. Each of these oils contributes towards maintenance of black color of your hair.
- Wash black hair once in one or two weeks as frequent washing can dry the hair and scalp more. This will reduce the minimum moisture in the hair and result in breakage and split ends.
- After washing apply whole leaf aloe vera gel/juice and an oil of your choice to hair. Place a shower cap on for 15-20 minutes. This is a deep conditioning treatment you don’t have to wash out, so you can style right after you’re done.
- Spritzed hair styles – These are styles that “freeze” the hair into place. This stuff is very damaging to black hair. Anything that makes the hair hard and crunchy should be left alone.
- Sleep in a satin pillow case or wrap your hair in a satin hair scarf before going to bed. This is one of the easiest tips to maintain natural black hair as satin material retains moisture.
- Combing methods – Yes, the way we comb our hair can cause breakage. Be patient and gentle with your hair when combing. Use a wide tooth comb to gently detangle hair before combing.
This will also help you stay away from unnecessary hair fall or breakage. Just follow these simple tips for thick and long black hair. Ladies, what tips or strategies do you use to save time on hair care?