While summer is the time of year where people look forward to the most for some rest and relaxation, what they don’t look forward to is the surge of acne breakouts. There are many who suffer from acne particularly in the summer. This happens due to excessive sweating and clogging of the pores on the face.
Sweating is common during the summer months and can flare up acne especially doing outdoor sports. Severe acne or even mild acne can strike at any time, and if not treated properly the consequences can be devastating. Read on and get some helpful tips in preventing body and face acne.
The Best Summer Acne Care Tips
- Washing the face with a mild cleanser both morning and night can help reduce oily skin. If facial oil begins to peak during the midday hours, one might consider doing an additional afternoon wash.
- Use a good sunscreen to avoid sun damage. SPF 15 or 30 are the best choices for your face. Make sure that you choose an oil-free sunscreen.
- Avoid wearing tight body hugging clothes if you have acne on the body.
- Salicylic acid helps in removing dead skin cells that may result in clogging up of the pores, thereby causing breakouts. This is even one of the most effective ways to avoid acne, used for post cleansing.
- A number of skin care professionals also recommend a clay mask which has the ability to absorb oil, while others believe leaving a facial cleanser on the skin for 5 to 10 seconds before removing it.
- Acne occurs because of hormonal imbalance, so your dermatologist might ask you to get your hormones tested.
- Use products containing salicylic acid to control oil production. Remove the sweat you’re your face and body by shower regularly.
No matter what the season, Acne remedy should be a key ingredient in your daily skin care routine. Finding the right skincare routine may take some time but it can be achieved. And working with a skin care professional can make the road much easier.