Summer is a beautiful time of year. The weather is warm; the days are long. But, summertime can also bring oily skin, blackheads and breakouts. The potential of summer breakouts can be managed with a skincare routine variation.
With the summer season invariably comes heat, and depending on where one vacations or lives, humidity adds another acne factor. The following are tips to helping keep your acne under control during the summer.
The Best Acne Care Tips in Summer Season
- Keep your face clean. Remove your make properly. You can use a salycylic face wash.
- Using sunscreen is indispensable, regardless of the season of the year. In the summer, sunscreens containing zinc oxide or titanium denatured alcohol will help efficient oil absorbent. Your skin will not become greasy after applying lotion.
- A number of skin care professionals also recommend a clay mask which has the ability to absorb oil, while others believe leaving a facial cleanser on the skin for 5 to 10 seconds before removing it.
- Drinking plenty of water is a good habit not only in the summer. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid sweets, spicy hot, oily. Avoid eating foods irritate acne easy as: chili, pepper, seafood and limit foods high in fat to reduce sebum secretion process.
- Acne occurs because of hormonal imbalance, so your dermatologist might ask you to get your hormones tested.
- Use a cleanser twice a day to help manage oily skin. While it may be tempting to wash your face more often to control oil, this can dry out or irritate your skin, causing additional skin problems.
- Salicylic Acid is a chemical that is naturally extracted from willow bark. They help remove blackheads and whiteheads while also limiting the production of sebum on the skin.
- Make sure cosmetics are oil-free. Choose cosmetics that specifically state they are oil-free. Look for those that are mineral or water based.